At James Dowsley & Associates, we have expert solicitors who can advise you on any criminal Fraud, Dishonesty and Identity Theft charges in Victoria
- It is illegal to pose as someone else, lie to a legal body, or obtain property by deceiving someone
- These crimes can incur serious penalties, ranging from fines to time in prison, so it is important you access quality legal advice
- We can represent you in both the Magistrates’ and County Court where Fraud, Dishonesty and Identity Theft cases are heard
Need immediate assistance in relation to Fraud or a similar offence?
Call James Dowsley & Associates 24/7 on (03) 9781 4900
Identity Theft and Fraud
Division 2AA of the Crimes Act 1958 lays out all identity crimes in Victoria.
Legally, identification documentation refers to an item that contains or incorporates identification information and is capable of being used by a person to be, or pretend to be someone else real, made up, dead or alive.Read more
- A passport or passport number
- A birth date, such as on a licence or passport
- A licence or licence number
- A voice print
- An ABN
- A digital signature
Making, using or supplying documents that you know may be used to commit an indictable offence holds a maximum sentence of 5 years imprisonment.
Other Related Charges Under Victorian Law:
- False Accounting
- Falsification of Documents
- False Statements by Company Directors
- Suppression of Documents
- Obtaining Property by Deception
- Obtaining Financial Advantage by Deception
- Destruction of Evidence
- Tax Evasion Unauthorised Access to or Modification of Restricted Data Money Laundering
Need a Criminal Lawyer in Melbourne for a Fraud, Dishonesty, Identity Theft or Related Offence?
Call (03) 9781 4900 to speak to a qualified JDA criminal lawyer for immediate support and advice. Our phones are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. .