Contact JDA’s criminal lawyers today for expert family violence advice
- According to Victorian law, Family Violence is a fundamental violation of human rights
- Consequences include Intervention Orders which may prohibit you from entering certain places or being near certain people, and can also lead to jail time if breached
- Family Violence is a serious matter and quality legal representation is important
Need immediate assistance in relation to a Family Violence charge?
Call James Dowsley & Associates 24/7 on (03) 9781 4900
For the purpose of Family Violence matters, the law recognises family members as:
- Those sharing an intimate personal relationship, eg: married, de facto or domestic partners
- Parents and children
- Relatives by birth, marriage or adoption
- Other close carers, guardians, family in the structure of your culture
Note that receiving an Intervention Order will not give you a criminal record, however breaking the terms of the order is a criminal offence.
If found guilty of this, the maximum penalty is a fine of over $35,000.00 and/or a prison sentence of up to 2 years.
Need a Criminal Lawyer in Melbourne
for a Family Violence Matter?
JDA’s Family Violence lawyers can provide you with 24/7 advice. Call us any time on (03) 9781 4900.